The Ninefold Deity is the Mother Divine in her nine aspects.
3) Chandra Ghanti - She holds a half-circular Moon on her forehead and is
worshipped during Thritheeya, the third lunation. . The Moon is the exoteric
symbol of the Divine Mother. The Sun is the exoteric symbol of the Self. In
Vedanta, the Moon represents the Universal Mind or Cosmic Mind.
4) Khooshmanda - She creates the Universe, the Brahmanda, by mere laughing.
She is the power behind the solar systems. She holds the Rosary, indicating
that Mantra Yoga is powerful and is conducive to Enlightenment. She is
worshipped during Chathurthi, the fourth lunation.
5) Skanda Matha - She is the mother of Skanda, the Military General of the
celestials. She observed penance to get the hand of Lord Shiva and gave
birth to Skanda, the Military Chief. She is worshipped during Panchami, the
6) Katyayani- She was born as the daughter of Katyavan. Katyavan was a seer
who perfomed penance to get the Universal Mother as his daughter. She is
worshipped during Shashti, the sixth lunation.
7) Kalaratri - Kala means Dark and Ratri means Night. This is the symbolism
of the Dark Night of the Soul and the Dark Night of the Spirit. She is
worshipped during Sapthami, the seventh lunation.
8) Maha Gauri - Gauri means White. She is as pure and white, sinless. She is
worshipped during Ashtami, the eighth lunation.
9) Siddhi dhathri - Siddhi means psychic or occult powers. She is the
bestower of psychic powers. There are eight Siddhis. They are Anima,
Laghima, Prapti, Prakamya, Iishitva & Vashitva, Garima and Mahima. She is
worshipped during Navami, which is the ninth lunation.
These nine deities are Her nine aspects. Now man is a composite creature and
only by overcoming our negative aspect, can we aspire for Self Realisation.
Overcoming our negative aspect is not easy. Lust, greed, anger, jealousy,
sloth, covetousness, gluttony, the Seven Deadly Sins, have their home in us.
Man houses dangerous forces in his house
The Titan, the Fury and Djinn
Lay in the Subconscient's cavern pit
And the beast moved in his antre den !
The Mother Divine destroys them one by one, to give us immortal Bliss. For
this purpose, She is propitiated on Nine Days, during the Nine Lunations,
during the Nine Thidhis, in Her Nine Aspects !.
If you want, you can listen to this Sacred Music and may you achieve