The Eight Symbols of the Eightfold Prosperity
The Eightfold Prosperity has been represented by Vedic Symbolism as the Ashta Lakshmi.
1) The Originial Prosperity ( Adi Lakshmi ). This is the Original Lakshmi or Mahalakshmi, the Great Lakshmi. She gives protection to the devotee and sits with Abhaya Mudra ( protection gesture ) and Varada Mudra ( welcome gesture).
2) Wealth as Prosperity ( Dhana Lakshmi ). She is the bestower of Wealth.
3) Dhanya Lakshmi - Agricultural Prosperity. She is the giver of Agricultural Wealth.
4) Gaja Lakshmi - The Giver of Royal Power. Mythologically, She is the goddess who brought back the wealth lost by the King of Heaven, Indra
5) The Santana Lakshmi or Progeny Lakshmi. She is the giver of offspring. Isnt the fortune of having children a great Prosperity ? The son is he who saves the parents from Hell ( poothi thranat tatha putrah ).
6) Dhairya Lakshmi - Guts as Prosperity. She is the greatest Lakshmi ! Without guts a man is nothing ! She is the giver of guts !
7) Vijaya Lakshmi - The Victorious Prosperity or rather the bestower of Victory !
Vidya Lakshmi - Isnt Education or Wisdom prosperity ? She is the bestower of the knowledge of all arts and sciences.
Veracity, Equanimity, Fixity, Non-irritability, Adaptability Humility, Regularity, Absence of Vanity, Sincerity, Simplicity, Tenacity, Integrity, Nobility, Magnanimity, Charity, Purity, Generosity & Serenity- the eighteen “ities” associated with Wisdom. These 18 ities can confer Self Actualisation.
The Octagram - Emblem of Ashta Lakshmi
The Octagram is the Emblem of the Eightfold Prosperity. Two rectangles !
The Octagram ( the Eight Pointed Star ) symbolizes Ashta Lakshmi. Known in the West as the Star of Lakshmi, this star figure is used in Indian Philosophy to represent the eight forms of Wealth. Mathematically, it is a complex star figure with two squares with the same center at 45 degrees !
Astrologically, Ashta Lakshmi Yoga confers the eightfold prosperity. This yoga results
When the North Node is in the 6th House
And when Jupiter is angular
That is in 1,4,7,10 Houses
Fame and prosperity is conferred !
Shastha sthana gathe Rahu
Lagna Kendra gathe Gurau
Ashta Lakshee samayuktham
Madhyavan Keerthiman Nara
In Sanskrit the word Aishwarya means Prosperity and also something more than Prosperity. Its definition is Ishwarasya Bhavah ithi Aishwaryah meaning that it is the aspect of the Lord, which is not merely wealth but Bliss !
Faith has it that listening to this music or chanting these verses eightfold can effectuate these eight forms of Prosperity. The Mother Divine in her bounty will give you these eight forms of wealth and may you be blessed with the Eightfold Prosperity !